By Dr. Dwayne Pickett Ministries,
Dr. Dwayne Pickett, senior pastor of New Jerusalem Church of Jackson, MS, partnered with LIVE FREE and met with the Division of Justice in Washington January 16, 2023, to current to them a number of instances of killings, chases and harassments the Capital Police has achieved. These instances embrace:
• The killing of Jaylen Lewis on September 25, 2022
• The household has but to obtain any data relating to what occurred. Chief Bo Luckey and Commissioner Tyndale have refused to fulfill or share any details. A gathering with Candace Gregory, the Assistant Lawyer Normal with the State of Mississippi, didn’t lead to any actions.
• Dr. Pickett has requested the Division of Justice for an instantaneous and thorough investigation as a way to get solutions and justice for the household of Jaylen Lewis.
• The harassment, kidnapping and assault of Dwayne Pickett Jr by officer Jordan Lewis
• When requested for a replica of the costs in opposition to Dwayne Jr, nobody within the division had any information of the incident. A gathering with the Chief and the Commissioner was requested, and so they refused. At a bodily look to the division to fulfill with them, they refused to return down to fulfill though they have been within the constructing. A number of different makes an attempt have been made to fulfill, and all have been refused. Candance Gregory was contacted, however no identified motion has been taken.
• Dr. Pickett has requested the Division of Justice for an instantaneous investigation and involvement of this division as a result of they’re persevering with to harass the Pickett household via different officers and departments.
• The taking pictures of Tasha Smith
• Harassment of Pastor Scott Fortenberry
• Harassment of Pastor Sherman Thomas
• The firing of Officer Brooks
After assembly with the Division of Justice, paperwork was filed and submitted to Kristen Clark, Assistant Lawyer Normal. Dr. Pickett will request a Listening Session throughout the subsequent thirty (30) days and can invite Kristen Clark to attend in Jackson; and can prolong the invite to Congressman Bennie Thompson and Mayor Lumumba.
About Dwayne Okay. Pickett
Bishop Dr. Dwayne Okay. Pickett, Sr. is the senior pastor of New Jerusalem Church of Jackson, MS, since March 1996. Below Bishop Pickett’s godly management; his obedience to Christ; and his philosophy of workforce ministry, NJC has grown from lower than 200 to greater than 7000 members. God has blessed NJC to conduct a number of providers at a number of areas within the Jackson-Metro space. The imaginative and prescient employed at NJC is to minister to the wants of the entire man (mankind) to develop devoted disciples of Christ. This imaginative and prescient encompasses a bunch of ministries throughout the church and in collaboration with different ministries throughout the neighborhood, within the state, and within the world neighborhood.
For extra data on Dr. Dwayne Pickett and his ministries, go to www.dwaynepickettministries.com.
About Reside Free
LIVE FREE is a justice community of hundreds of organizers, religion leaders, immediately impacted households, and organizations working to reimagine public security and enhance civic engagement. We construct energy and company in communities to eradicate gun violence, mass criminalization and mass incarceration. LIVE FREE sees a world the place each particular person is safely and peacefully related to neighborhood, freed from the systemic constraints that undermine freedom.
For extra data on LIVE FREE, go to www.livefreeusa.or